Sunday, January 08, 2006

Katrina devastated Mississippi too, don't forget.

The Clarion-Ledger:
"I have had it up to my eyebrows with the lack of reporting on the Mississippi Gulf Coast! I've always loved New Orleans dearly and I'm trying so hard not to allow the national newspeddlers to turn that into resentment.

All day and night, 24/7, all I hear about is New Orleans. If the Mississippi Coast is even mentioned its 'and the rest of the area including Mississippi and Alabama.'

The destruction was thorough, catastrophic and widespread. Human suffering is continuing with families living in tents as the wind, rain and freezing temperatures numb their souls."
She has a point. There are Rita victims living in tents too. We shouldn't let our concern for New Orleans make us forget them.

No comments: