Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving evening

Today was filled with new faces for me. I was not busied with preparing a holiday meal to be shared with my family in my home. I was with my daughter's soon-to-be in-laws. As we exchanged greetings and chatted, I realized that for which I was thankful. I have a home which I left voluntarily to come to Louisville. I will return to my job on Monday morning. My family is well, and though they we were not all together today, I know they will be with me for Christmas. I am thankful for all that I have.

In the new faces of today, I realized that there are so many folks with whom my life has shared a path and yet, I know so little about you. I continue to pray for the families who lost so much as a result of Katrina and Rita. I pray that you are thankful for your lives. I hope that you know just how much we need each other . . . and how thankful we are to have the opportunity to help you.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Blageurette

No comments: