Wednesday, May 31, 2006


The Daily Advertiser - - Lafayette, LA:
"“If the atmosphere and the ocean behave as they have in the past, we should have a very active season, but that doesn’t necessarily translate into storms that produce as much destruction as last year,” said Gray, who has headed the hurricane forecast team for 22 years.

The forecast listed an 82 percent chance that at least one major hurricane will make landfall in the U.S. this season, compared with the long-term average probability of 52 percent.

It listed a 69 percent chance of a major hurricane making landfall on the East Coast, including the Florida peninsula, compared with 31 percent long-term, and a 38 percent chance of landfall on the Gulf Coast from the Florida Panhandle to Brownsville, Texas, compared with 31 percent long-term.


No comments: